Want to see a specific category? Contact rusty.
Costume Question
  • Hi folks,

    This might be a tough one to answer. There are shirts that have a collar that is usually white or at least a different color than the main body of the shirt and fits very closely around the neck. This type of collar has no button, but rather a stud that passes through button type holes, that are in both sides of the collar, and closes the collar like a button would, but is not attached in any way to the collar like a button would be. The only one that I have is nickel plated brass or steel and is otherwise plain. Does anyone know what these studs are called and were they ever purchased separately from the shirt as jewelry? Has anybody ever seen fancy one or ones for sale?

    Thanks Very Much
  • AFAIK, they are call'd 'collar studs' as per Ima Schofield.
    Might call Wild West Mercantile.
    Great folks to deal with!
    Hav'n you along, is like lose'n 2 good men
  • I tried putting "Collar Studs" in on e-bay and what came up would curl your hair! Seems more like stuff for some pretty kinky, biker chicks to wear! Thanks Ima, you knew that I would end there, didn't you! Anyway, if you put in antique shirt collar studs, you get right to what I was looking for. The shirt that I wore to Sunday's match uses one of these and had me wondering if there are fancy, antique ones out there. Turns out there is. Thanks for the assist, I really appreciate it! Please thank Ima for me.

  • Doc-We have a few spares in plain silver and gold color if you want.
    Hav'n you along, is like lose'n 2 good men
  • Thanks Lumpy, I appreciate that. I have plain ones. I was looking for a couple of fancy ones. Maybe a Sterling Silver Hawk, descending. upon some unsuspecting prey. Or something interesting of that nature. I only need silver.

  • Silver Hawks... nice touch Doc

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!