Want to see a specific category? Contact rusty.
Targets
  • I really enjoy shooting steel.

I love the instant feedback and the fact I don't have to walk out and replace or tape over paper targets.

I have a nice 6 paddle dueling tree that's fun for handguns and I recently bought a 12" hanging gong I've yet to shoot.
    I'm sitting at work right now day dreaming of how to make a portable stand for the gong for the next time I can get out to shoot at it.

It has two chains at the top with bolts designed to tip the target forward to deflect to the ground. I want to mount the chains to a 2x4 about 4-5 feet long and suspend it about 2 feet off the ground.

To make it portable, I'm going to try using some stout plywood cut roughly triangularly (wide at the base, narrower at the top) with a rectangular hole at the top a bit longer that the 2x4 on edge. This should allow be to slip the 2x4 into the two stands then tilt the bases outward to grab the 2x4 solidly with the gong dangling.

My thinking is it should transport nicely in the back of the pick up.

I'll see how it goes.

Ok, back to work...
  • Well, you'll like this-
    D/M now has steel hang'n at 100yds, 200yds, 300yds, 400yds & 500yds. There should be 600yd steel in the late Fall.
    I have been give'n them all a good work out. :D
    What you need is a 'sick-day' dur'n the week for 'research purposes'. ;)
    LG
    Hav'n you along, is like lose'n 2 good men
  • Really? when did that happen? That's great!

I've been re-assigned in my duties and have been hitting the books hard getting up to speed. No "sick" days in my near future I'm afraid. Still looking at retirement is about 5 years...
  • Take a day off, you'll feel better about all the work you have piled up in front of you.
    The targets were installed about 6 weeks ago. They are made from AR500 armor plate.
    They have a real nice 'ring' to'em when hit-
    LG
  • would those targets be suitable for our long range matches?
  • They could work-
    I've used my Sharps on'em out to 500yds.
    LG

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!